Oo, look at me, I've been tagged!!
First time for everything I suppose. I was ordered to do this by Kristie who has been in a lot of pain recently poor girl, and taking some top notch drugs for it too, so please feel free to go and get your own back on her for having to read this...four things thingy:
Four Jobs I've Had:
1. Farm labourer. During the school summer holidays I was packed off with sandwiches and flask everyday to the local farm as a serf. I hacked down miles upon miles of thistles with a scythe, jumped up and down in a giant sack compressing freshly sheared wool, baled hay, mucked out the stables…and generally had a wonderfully healthy, bloody awful time. (It would have helped if I could have understood one single word that the local farmers said to me).
2. Analytical Chemist. Approximately as fun packed as having your willy caught in a revolving door. I mixed mud and fish oil – really. Then I would go home…smelling of mud and fish oil. I have very few good memories.
3. Least Valuable Player. For a company that installed intensive care units and operating theatres. Actually I was supposedly a project manager and I worked with the nursing staff to make sure that they didn’t kill any of the patients with the equipment we had installed. I was succesful occasionally. It didn’t help that the units that we installed were in some quite hostile places, Beirut, Johannesburg, the Golan Heights (really), Belfast, Algiers…I spent weeks in these places, wearing nappies and trembling....while other people doing exactly the same job worked in hospitals in Brighton and Cambridge.
4. Director of the least succesful medical sundries manufacturer in the histor of manufacturing medical sundries. Four million £’s worth of private investors money, two weeks trading, and four years in court. Even now, many years later, I look right and left when I leave the house before I commit to closing my front door behind me in case there’s a raggety arsed ex investor with a rusty knife in the bushes.
Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over:
(the censored version – I know you wouldn’t know the others anyway)
1. Underworld (come on, Kate Beckinsale + leather = complete attention)
2. To Kill a Mocking Bird
3. The Shawshank Redemption – pass the tissues (I have something in my eye okay!!)
4. Platoon – Rhaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
Four Places I've Lived:
1. Salford (Manchester)
2. Scotland – no town but coordinates available
Four TV Shows I Love: (these probably mean nothing to most of you)
1. Soccer am
2. University Challenge
3. Will & Grace (yes I do!!)
4. Shameless – I so hope that you get the unabridged version of this in the US, it’s so outrageously, disgustingly, appallingly true – about life in Manchester, it makes me home sick.
Four Places I've Vacationed:
1. Vermont – I tried the Appalachian way
2. Greek Islands with a back pack
3. the Camargue
Four Favorite Dishes:
1. Riocha, on a dish, with some olives (the olives are optional)
2. Cheese on toast, with baked beans on the top, and sprinkled with parmesan (don’t knock it ‘til you try it)
3. Fresh grilled sardines with a lump of olive bread (and a cold, cold Frascati)
4. Fresh dates – eating a fresh date is the most sexually provocative thing you can do in public without being arrested. It’s like fruitilingus.
Four Sites I Visit Daily:
I wouldn’t lie if I said that I vist all of the sites I link to daily, please don’t make me choose?
Oh sod it, I have to have my daily dose of:
1.Wendy Wendy's World
2. Kristie and Melissa (it’s the way they are so obviously such good friends, they make each other laugh all of the time) Kristie and Spoke in the Wheel
3. Aims "Aims"
4. Sandra Not that Desperate
They’re all up there on the right, go take a look
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. in bed with Kate Beckinsale
or do I have to be semi sensible?
2. in bed with the girl from No. 27 (just down the road, I have said hello every day for two years, and every day she has ignored me)
4. on a beach, on a warm night, under the moon
And last but not least, four people who I would like to do this….
mmmm, it’s late, I’m going to sleep on it, nite nite, sweet dreams....