Thursday, July 28, 2005

what's that all about then?

I have a hangover….I mean a worse hangover than usual. There’s not a day that I can remember that I’ve woken up feeling refreshed and leapt out of bed feeling enthusiastic and ready to face the world.

This morning I lay in bed and watched 10 minutes of “Big Brother” (which I loathe) whilst conducting the routine check on ‘where does it hurt’, simply because I didn’t have the energy to change channels. (I take a tiny crumb of solace from some wise words: “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink, when they wake up in the morning that’s the best they’re going to feel all day”, I can’t remember who said them, but thanks whoever you are).

And, sweet irony, I’ve no idea why or how this happens, but having a hangover makes me feel randy. (Maybe I’m a masochist?). Doesn’t figure, a head full of cotton wool, a stomach that I’d like to put on a spin cycle in the washing machine, and the raging horn….

(did you hear about the masochist who said to the sadist: “hurt me”. The sadist thought for a moment and said: “no”)

1 comment:

Katya Coldheart said...

ok the hubby said no to the cute little dog, even if it comes in a gold box...lol

and i missed yesterdays post somehow...i love Oregon, be sure to drive the Avenue of The Giants, i think thats what its called, they have the huge redwoods and the drive thru trees...

i've been to 49 states and they are all beautiful in their own way...

hope you hangover is better soon...

:0)