Tuesday, September 18, 2007

in the news today

my Bongo, the replacement after the last one was trashed by the old gentlemen.....

Well, we had an accident. My back tyre blew out on Sunday evening which sent us careering down the road backwards at 70 mph....into the central reservation from which we bounced across three lanes into the hard shoulder...dogs flying around the cabin, crunching, crashing, ear splintering noise.

And then we were okay. Shaken and stirred, but happily alive.

We spent the night in the van, with some very strange dreams, and were recovered home yesterday via the vet, just to make sure - you know.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Good grief, Fish. You are one lucky bastard. In a strange sort of way.

Monogram Queen said...

Very glad you and the pooches are okay! My word! I have to agree with Jenn up there! You are a lucky bastard in the strangest sort of way!

Fish said...

damn right, as lucky as a.....fish.

we're all a bit bruised and shaken up

Amy said...

oh my. I would say you sound as if you need a vacation, but, well...

A glass of vino and perhaps a quiet night watching football on the tele?

I wonder if you will ever get the boys in the van again.

Daisy said...

OH*MY*GOSH!!! I hope you all are ok.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That must've been terrifying! I am so glad to hear everyone is okay...it could've been so much worse!